storytime

Tuesday, March 13, 2012
I dropped by to show you guys a little thing I worked on. My friend asked me to illustrate her children's poetry book project for her class: the prompt was to take an old fairy tale (she picked Sleeping Beauty, yep... actually speaking of which, that one sleeping beauty pic I drew was actually a gift for her.) and make it relevant to children currently living in Seattle.

Since the pages are in print form the text isn't in order (the illusts are though,) I'll summarize the general story:
Girl walks around dwntwn seattle and graffitis a Starbucks cup and angers the Starbucks mermaid queen (lol), the mermaid curses her. She doesn't pay mind and hangs out with her friend, they play hide and seek, and she hides in an old water tower, pricks her finger on magical roses and falls asleep, boy finds her and kisses her. Happily ever after.

In the story she visits some Seattle locations, Pike Place Market, The First Starbucks (which serves cups with the original logo, which I had to censor lolol), Volunteer Park and the old water tower in it.

These seriously aren't my best work, but I'm actually pretty proud of myself anyway b/c my friend kind of pounced on me and gave me 2 days to start and finish all of these orz!! I also had to format all the pages and put the files together... yeah.... If I had more time I think I would have picked a color scheme and a more stylistic way to draw it all in. But yeah that's basically why everything looks pretty rough.









2 comments:

CW said...

The illustrations looks good :)

chrissie said...

I'm always happy to see your stuff! =9 seeing you draw pike place market reminds me of when I was in seattle some years ago with my family.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment !!! ; 3;